EXTERNAL EVENT: Making the Transition to a Tech-Focused Career
05 Oct. 2017
In our new digital economy, many of the fastest growing career opportunities are in technology, within non-technology industries. Discover how to tap into Calgary’s exciting new landscape and transition your career, while shaping our city’s future in innovative ways.
PivotTECH, an initiative supported by Rainforest Alberta, Calgary Economic Development and the Government of Alberta’s Ministry of Labour, is a one-day gathering of employers and entrepreneurs, educational institutions and professionals, designed to help grow Calgary’s dynamic technology sector with our city’s skilled talent pool.
As a member of Calgary’s skilled workforce, you will:
- learn how your skills can be transitioned to emerging technology roles in new sectors
- open doors with leading companies in Calgary’s growing technology sector at the event’s Job Fair
- identify skills gaps and how to fill them with available training and upskilling offered by educational institutions and government programs
- participate in an opportunity to match your skills with employer demand
As an employer, startup or entrepreneur, you will:
- connect with talent who have the technical competencies that can help scale your business
- promote your hiring brand in Calgary’s emerging innovation ecosystem
- learn how the new digital economy is impacting the future workplace
- help to drive Calgary’s economic diversification and employment growth
The day will consist of several keynote, panel, and session speakers who will share their insights, information and experiences. Lunch will be provided.
Thursday, October 5, 2017
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m
Telus Convention Centre
120 9 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0P3
Space is limited. Please RSVP by Thursday, September 28, 2017.