Client and Contractor Relations
Client and Contractor Relations is a full-day seminar that provides an overview of the skills and strategies necessary to communicate and work effectively with clients and contractors. The seminar presenter uses group discussions, peer sharing, and critical analysis of scenarios/case studies to assist participants to assess and apply best practices.
- Make positive first impressions
- Define and understand professionalism in the workplace
- Identify your natural interaction style
- Approach a client or contractor and establish an appropriate professional relationship
- Understand the impact that trust has on developing and maintaining professional relationships
Participants will gain a better understanding of:
- Explore the impact of miscommunication and scope creep; use a project charter to manage a project or relationship
- Understand when to give feedback to a client or contractor, and how to do it in a respectful and constructive manner
- Identify professional boundaries in client or contractor relationships
The seminar will be of interest to technology professionals who would like to:
- Professionalism in the workplace
- First impressions and behavioural styles
- Building and managing professional relationships
- Trust and communication in professional relationships
- Professional boundaries
What Attendees are Saying
- Develop or enhance their professional relationships
- Understand how to successfully work with various stakeholders
"A well put together and well orchestracted presentation."
"Wow. This was an eye opener. I came out with many tools I can use."
"Very helpful seminar. It provided me with insights as to what my priorities as a contractor should be."