As a self-regulating association, ASET seeks to facilitate connections among certified technicians and technologists, Technicians- and Technologists-in-Training (T.T.), and students. We believe a mix of social media, other electronic channels, and face-to-face get-togethers is a good way to encourage networking and provide targeted professional development opportunities. To that end, we’ve set up the province in five geographic areas:
- Alberta North Region (including Grande Prairie, Peace Country, Wood Buffalo)
- Capital Region (extends south to Red Deer)
- Alberta East Region (including Cold Lake, Lloydminster, Bonnyville, St. Paul)
- Calgary Region (extends north to Red Deer)
- Alberta South Region (including Lethbridge, Brooks, Medicine Hat)
ASET’s Director of Stakeholder Relations, Mat Steppan, will organize quarterly in-person presentations to members to provide updates and solicit feedback on issues impacting technologists and technicians, including:
- Adjusting to the new economic conditions;
- Legislative review with APEGA; and,
- Networking events.
We are bolstering the in-person events with a robust on-line presence that you are invited to join. They are organized by Region but any certified ASET member, T.T., or student is welcome to drop in and check out what’s going on across the province. In fact, you’re invited to contribute your thoughts and technical postings — and discussions will count towards your CPD requirements.
As always, we can’t do it without your active involvement. We welcome your requests to volunteer and actively support the development and maintenance of our Region structure. ASET is both a regulatory body and community of professionals; your contributions will grow our presence in Alberta as we continue building our province’s technical professions.