Start-ups for Technology Professionals: Launching Your Business
31 May. 2018
Due to popular demand, ASET is once again hosting Start-ups for Technology Professionals: Launching Your Business.
Don’t know where to start with your business idea or how to get it off the ground? ASET has partnered with Innovate Calgary to host a full day workshop which will prime you with a basic foundation to help move you in the right direction. Topics of interest include:
- Basic start-up terminology and concepts
- Customer interview techniques
- Customer discovery
- Business model design
- Corporate structure
- Intellectual property strategies
- Financing alternatives
- ... and more!
The day will wrap up with a Q&A panel session consisting of both first-time and well-seasoned entrepreneurs. Listen to their start-up successes, struggles, and insights on what it’s like to build a company from the ground up.
This workshop is open to ASET members who are interested in starting a venture, or are entrepreneurs currently pursuing a business idea.
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Location: Alastair Ross Technology Centre, 3553 31 Street NW – Boardroom 2/3
Cost: $100.00 (includes light breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack)
What other ASET members are saying about the Start-ups for Technology Professionals CPD opportunity:
- Worthwhile and well presented. R.B., C.E.T.
- Well worth the price!! B.W., C.E.T.
- I would pay more for this training than the ASET rate and will recommend it to others. D.C., P.Tech.
- I have been stumbling ineffectively through this process in my own business for two years—I hit the mark a couple of time but have been more successful had I attended a workshop like this sooner. I would have paid for more than what was charged. K.O., C.E.T.
- I enjoyed this course and would recommend it to others looking to start their own thing. K.D., C.E.T.