Transfer Across Canada

Transfer Across Canada

Did you mean to transfer into Alberta? Click here to be directed to the correct webpage.

As other provincial associations in Canada grant similar designations to Alberta, it is important to note that a designation only has effect within the province in which it was issued. Since designations from various associations currently represent different scopes of practice, individuals who possess designations from another province must apply for a designation transfer.

Note: The P.Tech.(Eng.)/(Geo.) designation offered in Alberta does not currently exist in other Canadian provinces. P.Tech.(Eng.)/(Geo.) members who wish to transfer to another province must either complete a transfer application for the equivalent technologist designation offered in that province or apply to the engineering regulator if a limited license is available (see P.Tech. Mobility below).

How to Apply

  1. Applicants transferring to another Canadian province must complete an Interprovincial Transfer Form, and pay the current transfer fee to the receiving province (see form).
  2. Only regulated membership categories are transferrable between provinces. Applicants will be awarded the corresponding title in use in the receiving province.
  3. Transfer applicants must be members in good standing with ASET before a transfer of membership will be accepted by the receiving province. 

Note: Transfer applicants may be required to complete a professional practice exam and/or pay dues to the receiving province. Please contact the relevant provincial association for more information

P.Tech. Mobility

With the new Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA) coming into effect on July 1, 2017, we wanted to provide you with a handy guide on the mobility of ASET's P.Tech. designation to other Canadian jurisdictions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What do I need to provide in order to transfer from ASET to another provincial association?

Show Answer

Q: Is the PPE mandatory for my transfer?

Show Answer

Q: I want to transfer my membership to another province. What do I need?

Show Answer

Q: How long do I have to complete my membership transfer?

Show Answer

Subscribe to our Newsletter