ASET Home and Auto Insurance
About the Program
As part of our commitment to provide ongoing support and value to our members, we’re proud to offer you the ASET Home and Auto Insurance Program, underwritten by The Personal Insurance Company. Designed and built exclusively for ASET members, our program provides you with:
Coverage Available Through Our Program
- Exclusive rates that help you save money.
- Save even more with additional discounts and savings.
- Expert advice from a team of licensed insurance professionals.
- Emergency support – including 24/7 claims assistance and Call from the Scene of an accident, anywhere in North America.
Get coverage for:
- Cars, light trucks and SUV’s
- Recreational vehicle’s such as: motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATV’s and motorhomes.
Plus optional coverages available:
- Accident-Free Protection, $0 Deductible Option, Replacement Cost Coverage and more.
Bundle Your Home and Auto
- Get coverage for your house, condominium, mobile home or personal belongings if you’re renting.
- Customize your home policy to cover your swimming pool, watercraft, or other assets.
Insure both your vehicle and your home with the ASET Home and Auto Insurance Program and save 5% on each policy with the Multi-Line Discount.1
Get a Quote Now!
Get a free no-obligation quote using the tool below or call 1-877-314-2338 to speak to a licensed insurance professional. See how much you can save!
I am saving $1,500 per year with the new ASET Plan with The Personal Insurance Company!
Thanks to The Personal. I'm saving $1,700 per year!
-Mark, Red Deer
Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. The ASET Home and Auto Insurance Program is underwritten by The Personal Insurance Company. Certain products and services may not be available in all provinces and territories. Auto insurance not available in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or British Columbia due to government-run plans. The clauses and terms pertaining to the described coverages are detailed in the insurance policy.
1 Multi-Line Discount does not apply to certain endorsements and additional coverages.
ASET has entered into an arrangement with MLT Aikins, whereby the firm will provide an hour of free legal advice to ASET members who are facing an action in negligence, or a disciplinary proceeding by ASET, or any other matter covered by the member's professional liability insurance. The purpose of the arrangement is to ensure that ASET members have early access to legal advice, without fee, whenever a claim is possible or likely.
MLT Aikins is a full-service law firm of more than 240 lawyers (and over 300 support staff) with a deep commitment to Western Canada and an understanding of this market's unique legal and business landscapes. With offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver, MLT Aikins offers an enhanced depth of skills and greater geographic scope.
The lawyers in the Edmonton office have worked in the community for more than 30 years. More importantly, MLT Aikins strives to provide a personalized commitment to its clients, as well as access to the resources of a large, cross-border firm.
MLT Aikins has extensive experience defending professionals from negligence claims and claims of alleged misconduct, having represented engineers, engineering technicians, architects, land surveyors, appraisers, accountants, dentists, pharmacists, denturists, teachers, lawyers and other professionals in hearings before disciplinary tribunals, as well as judicial review applications and appeals.
Meet the Team
Services will be provided by:
ASET Retiree Benefits Plan
ASET has worked with the Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) to make the ARTA-sponsored ASET Retiree Benefits Plan available to all eligible members who hold an "ASET Retired Membership."
Note: Please refer to Member Status Change Form below for Retired Membership Policy.
The plan is customizable so that it may best meet you and your family’s coverage needs. You may choose from:
1. Four Extended Health Care options which include coverage for vision care (each option includes two prescription drug plan maximums)
Two of the Extended Health Care plans include:
- 100% coverage for Emergency Travel Insurance for sudden and unforeseen emergencies
- Coverage is for 92 days per trip, with the opportunity to add single trip supplementary coverage for to a total of 212 days
- Trip cancelation and interruption insurance coverage
- $5 million lifetime maximum
2. Three Dental Care options; and
3. Additional Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Delay/Baggage Loss
The plan summary included in this package details the available coverage and costs. For more information you can look at the plan texts and contracts at https://www.arta.net/member-services/participating-organizations/private-sector/aset/.
Participation in the plan is voluntary and available to ASET retirees and their families who meet the following criteria:
- Hold an active ASET Retired Membership;
- This means that a member has filled out and submitted the ‘Change of Membership Status Form’ to switch over to an ASET Retired Membership. According to ASET’s Retired Membership Policy, retirement from the practice of applied science, information, and/or engineering technology means that “the member is not active in the profession in any manner, including full-time or part-time consulting, teaching, and/or contract employment.”
- ASET member in good standing for at least ten (10) years;
- Age 55 or older;
- A permanent resident of Canada;
- Covered by provincial/territorial health care in your province/territory of residence including any provincial health and drug plans for which you are eligible; and
- ARTA member in good standing
A spouse of a deceased ASET member who would have met the above criteria is eligible to participate in the ASET Retiree Benefits Plan.
Coverage is effective on the first of the month following the date we receive your application. Your monthly premiums are paid via automatic monthly bank withdrawal and your claims are deposited automatically by direct deposit.
The plans renew annually each September 1 and rates are subject to change.
You must join ARTA as an affiliate member to participate in the ASET Retiree Benefits Plan. Affiliate membership in ARTA costs $50 per year, or $4.17 per month, payable with your monthly benefits premiums.
As an affiliate member of ARTA you will have access to:
- the ARTA Affinity Program, providing discounts on travel, fitness etc.
- wellness information and activities
- scholarships for family members
- ARTAFacts e-newsletter and quarterly news & views magazine
Find all the documentation for this plan, please refer to ARTA's website.
If you have questions about the plan, or your eligibility to participate, contact ARTA at 1-855-212-2400, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources and Forms