Reclassification to C.E.T.
C.Tech. to C.E.T.
C.Tech. members who have obtained the necessary qualifications for technologist-level certification may apply for C.E.T. reclassification according to the guidelines outlined below. All requests for reclassification are reviewed by the ASET Board of Examiners.
|ASET Professional Practice Exam Fee
|Certification Exam Fee (if applicable)
*Please be advised that application and exam fees are non-refundable.
I. Members Applying Within One Year of C.Tech. Certification:
- Provide additional application information according to decision letter from the ASET Board of Examiners*
*Applicants are provided with a period of one year in which to reclassify without a reclassification fee
II. Members Applying After One Year of C.Tech. Certification:
- Submit the Reclassification Application Form to email@example.com.
- If you are not a graduate of a technical program and have not previously submitted a portfolio or a reclassification program assigned by the Board of Examiners, complete a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition.
- Demonstrate equivalency to a TAC-accredited two-year technologist diploma program by passing the ASET Certification Exam.
- Email documentation currently required for C.E.T. applicants (excluding resubmission of any transcripts or foreign credential assessments on file with ASET.
- Pass the ASET Professional Practice Exam (PPE) (for members who have not written a PPE, or who wrote the ASET PPE prior to May 2015).